Thank you to all who attended Panera Bread on Tuesday, 09/30. It was a huge success! We are very grateful for all your support and we look forward to seeing everyone during Family Literacy Night!!
The school community will be enjoying some great food and great conversation today at Panera Bread! We hope to see you all there between the hours of 4 PM and 8 PM. Bring your families, your friends and your cameras! Panera Bread is located at 254-41 Horace Harding Blvd in Little Neck, NY. Remember this is a fundraising event so please show the P.S. 221 Fundraising Night Flyer to the cashier, either via your smart phone or a printed copy.
See you all there!!!
You can still pre-order one or many of award winning author, Doreen Rappaport’s, books! The deadline has been extended to Monday, September 29th. Please print out the order form below and send it in with your child by Monday, 09/29. Please note, there will only be a limited quantity of books to purchase during Family Literacy Night, so order your books today!
Download (PDF, 190KB)
Our first PTA General Board Meeting of the 2014-2015 was very well attended. Thank you to all the parents and staff who took the time out of your busy schedules to support our school and our PTA. The minutes will be posted shortly under the Meeting/Minutes tab for those of you who could not make it; they will also be emailed to the contacts on our email list once they have been finalized.
- Literacy Book Order Deadline has been extended to Monday, September 29th -Award-Wining Author Doreen Rappaport will be at our school speaking and autographing some of her very popular books and you can pre-order a copy today! Please fill out the blue forms that were sent home with your children and send them in to school by Wednesday, 09/24. If you do not have an order form print one out from the Forms and Documents Tab and send it in.
- Our first restaurant night of the year is scheduled for Tuesday, September 30 from 4 to 8 PM at Panera Bread in little Neck, NY. Make sure to bring the Panera Bread flyer with you or show it from your smart phone once you place your food orders so our school can receive credit for your order. The flyers have been sent home. You can also print a copy from our website under the forms and documents tab. We will also email a PDF version of the flyer so you can save it on your phone. Please bring friends and family and let’s make this fundraiser our most successful yet!
- The Stop and Shop fundraiser will begin in October so please make sure to visit http://www.stopandshop.com/aplus/register-card/ enter your 13 digit Stop and Shop card # and enter our school code 08345 (P.S. 221 North Hills School, Little Neck, NY) and every time you go food shopping at Stop & Shop between the months of October and March our school will receive funds that will be used for all the amazing events and programs we provide throughout the school year!!!
- Our October Newsletter will be going out during the first week of October so please sign up to receive emails from us and make sure to add email@example.com to your allowed senders folder or contact list to secure receipt of emails.
PTA General Membership Meeting
Meeting Date: Monday, September 22, 2014
Meeting Time & Place: 7:00 PM–P.S. 221 Cafeteria
(There will be a supervised activity for school-age children during the meeting.)
Join us for our first PTA meeting of the 2014-2015 school year. You will meet the 2014-2015 PTA Executive Board Members and you will hear imporant information from our Principal, Assistant Principal, UFT Chapter President and Parent Coordinator. It is a night not to be missed!!! Light refreshments will be served. We look forward to seeing you all there!
Back to School Night is scheduled for Tuesday, September 16th from 5 PM to 8 PM. You will be able to visit with your classroom and cluster teachers within the hours of:
- 5 PM to 5:45 PM
- 6 PM to 6:45 PM
- 7 PM to 7:45 PM
The PTA will have information tables set up in the school cafeteria so please remember to drop by and say hello! You will also be able to:
- purchase P.S. 221 Blue Ribbon T-Shirts for the whole entire family ($10 each)
- join our fall membership drive
- purchase KidsStuff Coupon Books ($25 each)
- register your Stop & Shop card for the Stop & Shop A+ Rewards Program
- join one of our many committees scheduled for this year
We are looking forward to seeing you all soon!!
Welcome back to our returning families! To all of the new families who will be joining the P.S. 221 family this year, we welcome you to our community. We hope that you all had an exciting fun-filled summer and we hope that you are ready for an exciting 2014-2015 school year. We invite you all to become involved members of the PTA and school community.
With your continued support and dedication to the students and community of P.S. 221, we will continue to provide our students with enriching and fun programs, events and activities throughout the school year. Your contributions whether it is time, expertise or financial resources all make a difference, which help us to make lasting memories for all of the students.
Please join us at our first PTA meeting on September 22nd at 7:00 pm in the cafeteria. You will have the opportunity to hear about the events planned for the year and we are always looking for volunteers to ensure that all events run smoothly. In addition, the Membership Drive will be underway in September and we invite all parents to take part. Please be sure to visit the PTA website, www.ps221pta.org for updates and important information.
Looking forward to seeing you in September!
Check out the 2014-2015 School Year calender here
Free Summer Meals for All Children! Click here
2014 Summer Reading List! Click here
Queens Library Summer Reading Challenge has begun! Check it out here -Make sure you visit our local library-North Hills-for prizes!
Free NYC Park events for kids this summer! Check it out here
Free Movies! Bookworm Wednesdays starts Wednesday, July 9! More info click here
Passport to Imagination at Michaels Crafts stores! Register kids here
$1 Movies at Summer Movie Express-Regal Cinemas! More info here
Free Outdoor Pools in Queens! Click here
Where’s Waldo Scavenger Hunt! Win Prizes if you find Waldo! Click Here