We’re hoping everyone has a SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN this Friday! but first a few words from the PTA..
October Minutes are posted!
Order your cheesecakes and holiday pies today! If you’ve lost your order forms click here and send them in right away.
This Friday the Student Organization has planned Orange and Black Spirit Day so make sure your children arrive at school dressed in orange and black! For more information click here.
Looking ahead the PTA is very excited to host our first Barnes and Nobles Book Fair Extravaganza! Save the Date letters will be coming home with your children on Monday, October 27th. Not only will Barnes and Nobles gift us back a percentage of proceeds from all sales made that day both at the store and online but we will have fabulous entertainment and read-alouds from our P.S. 221 staff and student body. For more information click here. This is an event not to be missed!
Look out for the November newsletter -The North Hills News- it will be emailed to our P.S. 221 community during the first week of November and it will also be posted online.
REMINDERS: The KidStuff Coupon Book fundraiser has ended. If you do not wish to purchase the coupon book please return it to school ASAP attention PTA.
Sign up for the Stop and Shop A+ Rewards program here if you haven’t done so already. The fundraiser has begun.
Finally, thank you to all the volunteers who assisted us during the 4th & 5th grade costume party! Once again without your continuous support we cannot do half the things we are able to, Thank You!!!
Tuesday, October 21st is our 2nd General Board PTA Meeting of the 2014-2015 school year. It is scheduled to occur at 7:30 PM in the school cafeteria.
There will be presentations regarding ARIS Link by Computer teacher Thomas Caniano and Recycling Champions by Thad Copeland.
- Our Principal, Patricia Bullard and our Assistant Principal, Karen Strauzer will discuss the progress of the school year.
- Upcoming events and volunteer opportunities will be discussed.
- Bylaws Committee will present proposed changes to the existing document.
- Membership donations are welcome. KidStuff Books and Blue Ribbon T-Shirts will be available for purchase.
Friday, October 24th is the launch of P.S. 221’s PTA Sponsored Renaissance Program for grades 3 to 5! This year’s choices range from knitting to improvisational theater to chocolate to T-Shirt making-& that’s just to name a few!
Friday, October 24th is the 4th & 5th Grade Costume Party!
2:40 PM – 4:00 PM in the GYM
DON’T FORGET TO COME IN COSTUME
No toy weapons or masks allowed! Any child coming with a toy weapon will have it taken away until departure.
Get ready for some major fun hosted by Rob the DJ -MUSIC, DANCING AND TASTY SNACKS will be enjoyed by all!
Parents remember: NO CHILD WILL BE DISMISSED WITHOUT A PARENT OR ADULT OVER 18 YEARS OLD
Thank you to all our volunteers who came in during Picture Day! Your assistance was invaluable, thanks so much for helping out!!!
This is an exciting week for our 2nd graders! Thanks to our PTA programming chairs on Wednesday, 10/8 our 2nd graders will get to experience the Native Americans -The Plains Indian Tipi experience! For more info click here.
Thursday, 10/09 we are certain that our school will be filled with students, parents, faculty and friends as we welcome award winning author, Doreen Rappaport, at P.S. 221’s annual Family Literacy Night at 7 PM. We hear cookies and milk we also be served
Remember that the Kids Stuff Coupon Book orders are due by 10/15 and if you do not wish to purchase the book please return it to school with your child.
Stop and Shop A+ Rewards program has begun! Please register your Stop & Shop card here.
Send in your Cascon Cheesecake order forms ASAP to guarantee delivery of one or many delicious cheesecakes and pies from this fabulous bakery. Order forms are due by 11/07.
As always, remember to send in your Box Tops!!!!
The North Hills News October Issue newsletter is here! Click here to view or click on The North Hills News tab above.
Thank you to all who attended Panera Bread on Tuesday, 09/30. It was a huge success! We are very grateful for all your support and we look forward to seeing everyone during Family Literacy Night!!
The school community will be enjoying some great food and great conversation today at Panera Bread! We hope to see you all there between the hours of 4 PM and 8 PM. Bring your families, your friends and your cameras! Panera Bread is located at 254-41 Horace Harding Blvd in Little Neck, NY. Remember this is a fundraising event so please show the P.S. 221 Fundraising Night Flyer to the cashier, either via your smart phone or a printed copy.
See you all there!!!
You can still pre-order one or many of award winning author, Doreen Rappaport’s, books! The deadline has been extended to Monday, September 29th. Please print out the order form below and send it in with your child by Monday, 09/29. Please note, there will only be a limited quantity of books to purchase during Family Literacy Night, so order your books today!
Download (PDF, 190KB)
Our first PTA General Board Meeting of the 2014-2015 was very well attended. Thank you to all the parents and staff who took the time out of your busy schedules to support our school and our PTA. The minutes will be posted shortly under the Meeting/Minutes tab for those of you who could not make it; they will also be emailed to the contacts on our email list once they have been finalized.
- Literacy Book Order Deadline has been extended to Monday, September 29th -Award-Wining Author Doreen Rappaport will be at our school speaking and autographing some of her very popular books and you can pre-order a copy today! Please fill out the blue forms that were sent home with your children and send them in to school by Wednesday, 09/24. If you do not have an order form print one out from the Forms and Documents Tab and send it in.
- Our first restaurant night of the year is scheduled for Tuesday, September 30 from 4 to 8 PM at Panera Bread in little Neck, NY. Make sure to bring the Panera Bread flyer with you or show it from your smart phone once you place your food orders so our school can receive credit for your order. The flyers have been sent home. You can also print a copy from our website under the forms and documents tab. We will also email a PDF version of the flyer so you can save it on your phone. Please bring friends and family and let’s make this fundraiser our most successful yet!
- The Stop and Shop fundraiser will begin in October so please make sure to visit http://www.stopandshop.com/aplus/register-card/ enter your 13 digit Stop and Shop card # and enter our school code 08345 (P.S. 221 North Hills School, Little Neck, NY) and every time you go food shopping at Stop & Shop between the months of October and March our school will receive funds that will be used for all the amazing events and programs we provide throughout the school year!!!
- Our October Newsletter will be going out during the first week of October so please sign up to receive emails from us and make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your allowed senders folder or contact list to secure receipt of emails.
PTA General Membership Meeting
Meeting Date: Monday, September 22, 2014
Meeting Time & Place: 7:00 PM–P.S. 221 Cafeteria
(There will be a supervised activity for school-age children during the meeting.)
Join us for our first PTA meeting of the 2014-2015 school year. You will meet the 2014-2015 PTA Executive Board Members and you will hear imporant information from our Principal, Assistant Principal, UFT Chapter President and Parent Coordinator. It is a night not to be missed!!! Light refreshments will be served. We look forward to seeing you all there!