Back to School Night is scheduled for Tuesday, September 16th from 5 PM to 8 PM. You will be able to visit with your classroom and cluster teachers within the hours of:
- 5 PM to 5:45 PM
- 6 PM to 6:45 PM
- 7 PM to 7:45 PM
The PTA will have information tables set up in the school cafeteria so please remember to drop by and say hello! You will also be able to:
- purchase P.S. 221 Blue Ribbon T-Shirts for the whole entire family ($10 each)
- join our fall membership drive
- purchase KidsStuff Coupon Books ($25 each)
- register your Stop & Shop card for the Stop & Shop A+ Rewards Program
- join one of our many committees scheduled for this year
We are looking forward to seeing you all soon!!
Welcome back to our returning families! To all of the new families who will be joining the P.S. 221 family this year, we welcome you to our community. We hope that you all had an exciting fun-filled summer and we hope that you are ready for an exciting 2014-2015 school year. We invite you all to become involved members of the PTA and school community.
With your continued support and dedication to the students and community of P.S. 221, we will continue to provide our students with enriching and fun programs, events and activities throughout the school year. Your contributions whether it is time, expertise or financial resources all make a difference, which help us to make lasting memories for all of the students.
Please join us at our first PTA meeting on September 22nd at 7:00 pm in the cafeteria. You will have the opportunity to hear about the events planned for the year and we are always looking for volunteers to ensure that all events run smoothly. In addition, the Membership Drive will be underway in September and we invite all parents to take part. Please be sure to visit the PTA website, www.ps221pta.org for updates and important information.
Looking forward to seeing you in September!
Check out the 2014-2015 School Year calender here
Free Summer Meals for All Children! Click here
2014 Summer Reading List! Click here
Queens Library Summer Reading Challenge has begun! Check it out here -Make sure you visit our local library-North Hills-for prizes!
Free NYC Park events for kids this summer! Check it out here
Free Movies! Bookworm Wednesdays starts Wednesday, July 9! More info click here
Passport to Imagination at Michaels Crafts stores! Register kids here
$1 Movies at Summer Movie Express-Regal Cinemas! More info here
Free Outdoor Pools in Queens! Click here
Where’s Waldo Scavenger Hunt! Win Prizes if you find Waldo! Click Here
The Parent Teacher Association of P.S. 221, The North Hills School, would like to wish everyone a safe and fun-filled summer vacation!!!!
Please note the following events & dates:
Monday, June 23rd our school will be having their class parties
Tuesday, June 24th our children will get to enjoy some tasty treats and fun games at our annual end of year school carnival
Wednesday, June 25th is Hawaiian Day-Don’t forget your leis and your floral shirts and grassy skirts!!!
Thursday, June 26th is a half day-Dismissal is at 11:30 a.m. It is the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
“How did it get so late so soon? It’s night before it’s afternoon. December is here before it’s June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?” Dr. Seuss
The last day of school will be here before we know it; many of us are getting ready for Stepping Up Ceremonies and Graduations but our Parent Teacher Association still has a few more events lined up for our kiddos so listen up:
- Friday, June 13th is our 2nd annual Dance-A-Thon Fundraiser!!! Make sure your kids are wearing their dancing shoes because it will be a day filled with groovy music, thirst-quenching drinks and lots of fun! Click on the link below to view the sponsor letter which will come home with your child; make sure you ask family and friends to help in this fundraiser- again all proceeds from the Dance-A-Thon will go to fund the various activities and programs that the PTA provides for our children during the school year!! We will need volunteers so make sure you have your dancing shoes on as well!!!
Click on the link below to view the Dance-A-Thon sponsor letter:
Download (DOC, 62KB)
- Monday, June 23rd is our annual End of School Year Carnival! The students will enjoy a day filled with arts and crafts, bouncy houses, yummy treats, games and fun! (Volunteers needed)
If you would like to volunteer please email us at email@example.com asap!
Thank you everyone who attended the last General PTA meeting for the 2013-2014 school year! The Minutes are posted below and Congratulations to our new Executive Board and SLT members!!!
Download (DOC, 49KB)
The end of the school year is quickly approaching and we need everyone to come out to our LAST General Board Meeting of the 2013-2014 school year!!! It will be held in the school cafeteria at 7 p.m. Child care is available for school aged children so bring them along if you cannot find a sitter. WE ARE HOLDING ELECTIONS for the 2014-2015 PTA Executive Board and School Leadership Team. IT IS NOT TO LATE TO JOIN THE PTA! The following seats are still open:
- Financial secretary
- Two VP fundraising
- One remaining year on an SLT (School Leadership Team) seat.
The descriptions of these positions can be found under the 2014-2015 PTA Executive Board Tab.
For more information or to run for a seat please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you all there!!!!