2/13/2020 – General Board Meeting Minutes
P.S. 221Q THE NORTH HILLS SCHOOL PTA MINUTES Meeting Date: 2/13/2020
Meeting called to order 7:00 pm
President – Christine Chung
- Adoption and approval of PTA Minutes from January 14, 2020.
- Thanked the school for a successful Renaissance program.
- The 2nd/3rd grade Fun & Games was a successful. This year had the highest attendance.
- The PTA will host a Staff Appreciation Luncheon on March 5th during the Parent Teacher Conference. Asked parents to please donate money or dessert for the luncheon.
Treasurer’s Report –reported Christine Chung
- Money Raised (in dollars $):4,450.29
- 5th Grade Year Book Booster: 114.29
- 5th Grade Dues: 3,705
- School Store: 181
- 2nd & 3rd Grade Fun & Games: 450
- Money Spent (in dollars $): 4435.15
- Holiday Gift Fair: 86.73
- Supervised PTA meeting activities for kids: 40
- Hospitality for PTA meeting: 41.43
- Fall Family Raffles: 16.98
- 5th Grade Yearbook: 4,250
Membership Chair’s Report – reported by Sonia Arora
- Membership goal is $13,000 and as of today, PTA has reached $12,500. We are still $500 from our goal.
Programming Chair’s Report –reported by Sonia Arora
- Summer Expo Raffle Winners:
- 1st Place: Max Tram, 1G6
- 2nd Place: Juliana Ramos, KB4
- 3rd Place: Dylan & Chloe Chan
- January program, Hands on Science was a success. There will be other STEM programs for upcoming months.
- Please send in the membership dues to support our enrichment programs.
- February 27th is Multicultural Day. Please speak to Sonia Arora if you are interested in setting up a table to represent a country.
Communication Report – reported by Sonia Arora
- Please sign up for the PTA’s communications app.
Fundraising Chair’s Report – reported by Christine Chung
- Thanked everyone for their support of the fundraising events and the restaurants who participated, such as Center Pizza and Jian who gave a percentage of the profit from the event.
- World’s Finest Chocolate is ongoing. PTA is hoping to raise $3,000. Please sign up for the fundraiser. The class with the highest sales will win an Icee Party. All chocolate sellers will be entered into a raffle to win prizes.
- The Scholastic Book Fair will run from March 4th – 5th.
- Motion was put forth by Christine Chung to elect Esther Cho as Fundraising co-Chair for 2019-2020 school year. Motion was seconded and passed.
- Motion was put forth by Christine Chung to amend the 2019-2020 PTA for the Scholastic Book Fair to be a profit-making fundraiser with a budget of $1,200. Motion was seconded and passed.
- The PTA is selling PS 221 PTA reusable bags.
Vice Principal’s Report – reported by Karen Strauzer
- Thanked the PTA for sponsoring the Renaissance program.
- The Student Organization held their Souper Bowl event where they collected cans of soup for donation.
- Please check the Lost & Found for your children’s missing items. Anything not collected will be donated by the end of the week.
Parent Coordinator’s Report – reported by Teresa Kirchhofer
- Happy 100 Days of School. We are 65% done with school year.
- Helpful information on activities and social emotional learning will be going home with students for the mid-winter recess.
- March 26th is parent-child chess game night. Please RSVP.
- March 10th is March Maker Madness at MS 67. Please RSVP.
- Thanked the parent volunteers who donate their time to the school.
UFT Report – reported Ms. Kregsman
- The second marking period ends tomorrow. All the teachers are excited to share their student’s progress with the parents.
- Thanked the PTA for the Parent-Teacher Staff Appreciation Luncheon.
Respectfully submitted by Pearl Cheng, Recording Secretary
Leave a Comment