20/21 PTA Elections – Executive Board Positions & School Leadership Team
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD POSITIONS
AND SCHOOL LEADERSHIP TEAM
President/ Co-Presidents (Mandatory Position)
- To oversee and coordinate all aspects of the PTA.
- To act as a liaison between Executive Board, general membership, principal and staff.
- To approve all notices distributed with PTA letterhead.
- The PTA president shall be a mandatory member of SLT.
Treasurer (Mandatory Position)
- To keep all financial records for the PTA including cash receipts and disbursements paid.
- To receive and deposit into the Association’s account(s) all monies of the Association and
keep an accurate record of all receipts and expenditures including invoices and deposit
- To pay out money when authorized by the membership and/or upon instruction from the
Recording Secretary/Co-Recording Secretary (Mandatory Position)
- To record minutes at Executive Board meetings and General Membership meetings.
- To keep accurate and permanent records of all minutes on school premises.
- To attach corresponding attendance record of each meeting’s minutes.
Vice President (Non-Mandatory Position)
- Will assume the responsibilities of the president or co-president(s) duties and support the
efforts of the PTA at the president’s or co-president’s request.
Chairperson/Co-Chairpersons of Fund Raising (Non-Mandatory Position)
- To oversee and coordinate all fund-raising events.
- Will recruit members from the Association to be on their committees.
- To act as liaison between committees, president and school administration with respect to
fund raising issues/activities.
- To confer with all chairpersons before each event, to set date of function, to confirm the
distribution of initial and reminder notices by the chairperson.
Chairperson of Membership (Non-Mandatory Position)
- To coordinate annual memberships drives and collect membership and record membership
Chairperson of Programming/Co-Chairpersons of Programming (Non-Mandatory Position)
- To coordinate booking of school-wide programs.
Corresponding Secretary/Co-Corresponding Secretaries (Non-Mandatory Position)
- To conduct all correspondence of the Association.
- To collect and account for all monies earned through fund raising events, donated, or
otherwise designated as for this association.
- To collect and count money from chairpersons and issue receipts.
- To transfer money to Treasurer and obtain receipt.
- To obtain financial summary from each chairperson.
School Leadership Team Member (SLT)
- Will participate in collaboration with other parents, educational staff and administrators for
the purpose of creating the school’s Comprehensive Education Plan (CEP), including annual
goals, objectives and development of school-based budget.
- The term of office shall be for two (2) years.
If you’re interested in any of the above positions, please send an email with the following information to email@example.com by FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9th 5:00pm
Your full name
Position you would like to fill
Nominations will close on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9th 5:00pm
Leave a Comment